Last Modified: August 8, 2016
1. Information We Collect, and How We Collect It
Information That You Provide
We collect information and personal information from you that you provide to us. For example, depending on how you sign up for the Service, we will collect your email address and assign you a unique identifier. You may provide information when interacting with us or our Service, such as comments, responses to polls, or other content that you create on the Service. You may choose to share your location with us. Also, if you contact us, we will collect the information that you provide us, such as your contact information and the contents of your communication with us.
Information That Is Automatically Collected (Cookies and Other Technologies)
We also automatically collect information about you and any computer or device you use to access the Service. Some of the information we collect, and ways we collect it, include:
- Cookies. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer or device that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, computer, or device. A cookie may also convey other information to us, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device identifiers, your browser settings and specifications, and information about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service). Cookies also allow us to track your usage of the Service over time.
- Log Files. We may record log file information each time you access the Service. This information may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, information about your device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear Gifs. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons or pixel tags) which may collect information about you, your computer or device such as your web request, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, information about your device, pages viewed, information about cookies, and all of which can show your Service usage patterns.
- Mobile Device Information. When you access the Service with a mobile device, we may collect and store a unique identifier associated with your device (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, and phone number.
Information Third Parties Collect
When you visit or use the Service, third parties may obtain information about you or your computer or device. These third parties may include:
- Service Providers. We may use service providers to help us with the Service or any other lawful activity may do, including the other activities we describe under this Policy. This means service providers may collect, process, and store any of the information that we may collect under the Policy, and information collected in connection with the Service may be collected directly by our service providers. For example, we may use service providers to help us receive and send emails, including in connection with the Service. We also use third party providers to analyze website traffic and mobile usage.
- Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising. We may permit third party ad networks, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about you, your computer or device when you visit or use the Service. This information may be collected automatically, including through cookies, social media plug-ins, and other technologies. The information collected, and manner in which it is collected, may include the information and methods described in the “Information We Collect, and How We Collect It” Section above, under the “Information That Is Automatically Collected (Cookies and Other Technologies)” heading. These third parties may collect information about your use of the Service over time, and they may combine it with other information that they possess or obtain about you, such as about your use of other websites and services. These third parties may use this information for our or for third party purposes, including commercial purposes such as tailoring advertising to you on the Service or in other locations like third party websites and services. For information about choices that you may have about this information collection and use, see the “Your Choices” Section below.
2. How We Use Information
We collect, use, process, combine, retain and store personal information that we collect or receive for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- For our business activities, including to operate the Service;
- To process your payment;
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests, such as to respond to your questions, contact you about changes to the Service, and about new products and services];
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to market to you or offer you our and third party special offers or other products or services we think that you may be interested in;
- For analytics and research purposes and otherwise to improve our Service;
- To enforce this Policy, to resolve disputes, and otherwise to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
3. Sharing of Information
We also transmit, disclose, grant access to, make available, and provide personal information to third parties, including:
- To service providers, subcontractors, partners, vendors, consultants, and others that help us with any of the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy;
- To our affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, and other related companies, all for the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy;
- To third parties for third party research, marketing or advertising (including online advertising) purposes.
- To third parties to respond or comply with, in our sole discretion, a court order, subpoena, law enforcement or other government request (with or without notice to you, in our discretion);
- To buyers, successors, or others in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us may be among the assets transferred;
- To other third parties with your consent or upon your consent; and
- To third parties, in our discretion, to: (i) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (ii) enforce this Policy, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, the Service, other Service users, or third parties.
4. Information Access and Correction
If you have provided your email address to sign up for newsletters on the Service, and your email address changes, you can update your email address by unsubscribing using the link provided in any email communication; once you have unsubscribed you can subscribe again using a new email address.
Not all personal information is maintained in a format that you can access or change. If you would like to request access to, or correction or deletion of personal information, you may send your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request, and may require you to provide additional information to identify yourself, but we do not promise that we will be able to satisfy your request. For example, the personal information may already have been relied or acted upon, or disclosed to third parties, and we generally do not take steps (or have the ability to take steps) to undo prior reliance or actions. We also may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or if doing so would be burdensome in our discretion.
5. Your Choices
We strive to give you choices about how your personal information is used. These choices include the following:
- Marketing or Newsletter Emails. We may send you marketing or newsletter emails from time to time. If you do not wish to receive them, you can opt-out following the unsubscribe instructions in the emails, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will work to honor your request within 10 business days. If you opt-out, we will still send you emails for service purposes, such as for responses to your requests or communications about your account.
- Online Advertising. As described above in this Policy, we collect and may permit third parties to collect information using cookies and other technologies. You may be able to “opt out” of some of this information collection by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device, but we do not promise that such settings will be effective. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for information on the settings offered for cookies or other tracking technologies. To learn more about cookies, you may wish to visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-cookies-leaving-trail-web and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Opt-Out pages at http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/choices-mobile (for mobile devices).
6. Do Not Track Preferences
While we want to honor your privacy as described in this Policy, unfortunately the Service does not monitor for or behave differently if your computer or browser transmits a “do not track” or similar message to us or the Service.
7. Data Protection
We take what we believe to be commercially reasonable steps to help protect personal information that we collect, but we do not guarantee that personal information will be completely protected. For example, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of personal information by you is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, including the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking).
8. Data Retention
We tend to keep personal information for as long as we deem necessary for our business purposes, or as otherwise required to operate the Service, comply with your requests, or comply with applicable law.
9. Information From Children
The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and believe that your child may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
10. Third Party Websites
The Service may provide links to third party websites and online services. This Policy does not describe the privacy practices of those websites or services. Please review the privacy policies of those websites or services before providing personal information to them.
11. Updates to This Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. When we do so, we will update the “Last Revision Date” at the end of the Policy. Your continued use of the Service after an updated Policy is posted constitutes your consent to the revised Policy.
12. Contacting Us
If have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.